...there's a dragon in my soul...
...looking out my eyes...
...speaking with my voice...
...burying my cries...
...he drives away my friends...
...locks me in my head...
...and if I were to kill him...
...we would both be dead...



One-Of-A-Mind-Bear

A silver and yellow Care Bear with a Dragon on his belly

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Suicide By Proxy

Suicide By Proxy by Faith Sarver

She's a little part of me, living in a fantasy world
meeting fake people, seeking fake goals, and happy endings
bearing her own fake name, drowning in her imagined fame
from the gallery of peanuts dividing up my brain

she has her own childhood memories
easilt crafted and colored in the lines
printed like a photo
not a child's scrawl

she knows what's going on before the day occurs
she can cheat her way
with a special line to god
never faces the monotony of a normal day

but she's still a part of me
her nature is my own
in taking on her world
takes off more than she can chew

so I'm committing suicide by proxy
to relieve the pressure inside
too much to feel, too much to do, her and I
her frustrations feed my own

committing suicide by proxy
with her death her responsibilties fade
though hers were fake, with them erased
the burden is lightened, my shoulders rise
I'll have time, to rest my mind
Until, by nature, she's remade.

No comments: