...there's a dragon in my soul...
...looking out my eyes...
...speaking with my voice...
...burying my cries...
...he drives away my friends...
...locks me in my head...
...and if I were to kill him...
...we would both be dead...



One-Of-A-Mind-Bear

A silver and yellow Care Bear with a Dragon on his belly

Friday, January 19, 2007

Disability Questions

1) If you could re-live your life without having your disability, would you?

The only reason for certain I'd say no, is my daughter. If I did I'd be a different person. But I'd still have been raised with two other disabled person in my family. So I'd still be the odd man out, just in my family, not the world. So, I suppose not.

2) Do you want people to show interest by asking personal questions about your disability?

Most people don't know about it. Not because I hide it, but because they don't care enough to get to know me. They just don't bother to put the effort in to get past my wall. If someone noticed something and asked, I'd be very impressed. It would showtha they paid enough attention to care.

3) What is the hardest thing in life for you to do?

I have a very hard time maintaining friendships with people. If I manage to actually make a friend, which is hard for me. I have to fight the urge to just stay under the radar and then manage to not screw up in the attempt. Keeping a friend is harder. I don't keep in contact with people I don't see regularly. I don't do small talk and my interests are fairly focused.

The friends I have are people who seek me out and understand I won't do the same. Many of them were originally around to see my sister who has a very high charisma. Many of them are still around because of her and less so me. I don't "do" things. I'm not interested in movies, msot games, etc.

5) Do you resent people that try to help you?

No, but I don't think people understand that I need help. I've done a fairly good job at being "independent". I'd like to think I wouldn't resent it, but I can't be sure.
My Fiance tries I think, but he tends to do it in a half-assed, obviously rather be doing something else fashion most of the time.

6) Would you rather do things on your own?

No, I've always been somewhat co-dependent, when I have someone to rely on.

7) Do you feel any anger towards God because of your disability?

Wow... that's complicated. I'll make a separate post on that.

8) What do you dislike the most of other people around you (ex- people staring, pointing, etc)?

Making assumptions and not bothering to ask me what I meant...

9) What is the best way for us to help you?

I'm not entirely sure. I'm very lost. I need friends.


10) Do you feel awkward when you are around people that are different than you?

Always, and that is most of the time I am not at home.

No comments: